Welcome to LightSource
A place for industry professionals to communicate and maximise work possibilities.
LightSource has been built with help from some of the film industries top gaffers, best boys and technicians with the intention of taking the lighting industry forward. With recognition from IMDB.com and the industry's largest lighting companies including Warner Bros, ARRI, Pinewood MBS, Panalux and more all using and seeing the benefits of LightSource. This is a place to talk to each other, find work and workers, and many other benefits.
Here you will find lighting technicians, desk operators, genny operators, best boys, lighting companies, production companies and cinematographers. So if you have a credible CV, here you can let it be seen. Don't get left behind, get involved in the future.
Our site allows you to:
- Create your own profile
- Upload and comment on crew photos
- See Film and TV history in the stills archive
- See latest BECTU news and information
- See who is available for work
- Let people know you are available for work
- Search database for technicians
- Find a gaffer
- Let DPs see what you've worked on
- Many more exciting features coming soon
We always welcome feedback, please visit our contact page and send us your views.
Interested in joining LightSource?
- Do you have qualifications suitable for this industry?
- Do you have adequate work experience?
- Are you a Lighting Company Representative?
- Are you a Director of
Photography / Cameraman?
If you think your CV fits in at LightSource, click the button to proceed:
LightSource supports BECTU and retains the right to review accounts which could be harmful to the technicians as a whole.